The Senior Software Developer – Cloud Computing will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment.
The developers will be responsible for carrying out the design and development goals of the project and will work under the direction of their development manager with the guidance of the lead architect. They will be expected to be motivated, with the ability to work in a dynamic team based environment. The developers will hold the primary responsibilities of ensuring that the designs and initial development efforts are going as planned and will be expected to communicate with the development manager regarding any issues that arise on the project that needs attention.
BSc or equivalent
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provision and manage virtual machines in the cloud
- Demonstrate experience with web technologies, application servers, enterprise application integration, databases, security, performance, and scalability
- Develop new Software applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems.
- Complete testing of Software applications.
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Design and implement databases and interfaces for ease of use. Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- (2-3)years experience in software development
- Cloud computing development
- Big Data
- Azure SDK for.NET
- Azure Cloud Design and Transaction Patterns
- Azure Websites
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Autoscale
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure Web Jobs
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure DocumentDB
- Azure Redis Cache
- Azure Backend Services
- Azure Payment Processing Services
- Azure DevOps
- Test Driven Development/Unit Testing
- Proven ability to take a product through all phases of development (design, specification, implementation, QA, and production)
- Crystal Reports
- Web services
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and The Web
- Source Control Tools (TFS)
- Twitter bootstrap is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to meet deadlines and juggle priorities
- UML modeling skills.
- HR business concepts is a great plus
- Experience in application development using .NET Cloud Computing
Travel expected - not on a regular basis (once or twice a year).
Attitudes / Attributes
- Proficient in English
- Team player
- Creative (solution oriented)